Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Long December

There's a Counting Crows song titled "Long December" that Ben and I play every year on New Year's Eve. The chorus goes "It's been a long December and there's reason to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last." That pretty much sums up this month perfectly. It's been an incredibly long month, full of ups and mostly downs. But at the end of it all - I'm still hopeful for the new year to come and looking forward to the changes it's sure to bring.

It's times like these that make me truly miss my normal, everyday life... weekends spent at home with the hubby and the pups, slow trips down a long dirt road, evenings in front of our cozy fireplace and hour-long, relaxing baths with a good book. I've been back and forth between Waycross and here so much lately that I barely have enough time to wash my laundry and re-pack for the next trip home. Mom's still in CCU, but doing better. Hopefully, January will bring lots of hope for her, as well. So, thank you to those who have hung in there with us and supported us throughout this long month, and here's to the New Year and all the little promises of happier times it carries with it.

Love to all!

No comments: